If you are managing this email account, you can find missing messages as an administrator with the use of Email Log Search. This is an amazing tool. It is designed to help you in accessing the email if it is delivered to Google server. However, you will be able to access the message within 30 days. This tool will let you know of its location for up to 30 days. We will share the steps below, but at the same time, we will tell you other possible workarounds that can be applied in this regard. Check whether the sent email is delivered to Google here.
· Sign in to your Google Admin console with the use of an administrator account
· We are not talking about your current account
· The Admin console Home page will open
· Go to Reports and then Audit and then Email log search
· Find out the Date option and select a date range from the list
· Then go to the search fields and enter any information you have and click Search
· Navigate to the Subject (or Message-ID) section
· Click any of the subjects to see message details and delivery status
· Maybe the concerned message is listed, but you still can’t find it
· If so, check if the email was archived, deleted, or marked as spam or the email was filtered
If the concerned message has not been delivered to Google’s servers, you will not see anything about it. In this case, you are requested to contact the sender and ask him/her to verify what happened to the message. Ask him/her to check their Sent Mail and Drafts. If the message is not in Sent Mail or Drafts, he/she might have deleted it before sending it. Talk to the support engineers if Gmail not receiving emails even after following all the mentioned steps.